HOUSTON PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENT LAWYERSIf you or a loved one has been injured, call Houston Pedestrian Accident Lawyers today! Road safety involves the safety of all who share the road. This includes motor vehicles and pedestrians. Pedestrians do not have any method to shield them from being stuck by a vehicle. Due to this, pedestrians are the most vulnerable group in road safety. To protect pedestrians, cities created crosswalks. These areas are so that pedestrians can cross the street without being hurt. Even with crosswalks, pedestrians are still hurt from auto accidents. The main question is why?
WHAT CAUSES PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS?According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, on average, a pedestrian was killed every 88 minutes in traffic crashes in 2017 and accidents usually happen at darker periods of time, most between 6 pm and 9 pm, and occurs mostly in urban areas.
COMMON CAUSES OF PEDESTRIAN ACCIDENTS
WHAT TO DO AFTER AN ACCIDENT?Accidents can leave you shaken. As such, many do not know what to do after experience one. Tran Law Group recommends swift action after you were involved an accident to fully recuperate your full compensation.
- Call 911 so that local law enforcement and EMS services arrive to the scene.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident as well as all vehicles involved in the accident if possible.
- Make sure to receive information of the other drivers as well as any incident numbers from the police who are investigating the scene. Information may include names, address, phone numbers, insurance information of the other drivers as well as identification.
- If anyone witnessed the accident, be sure to collect the name, address, and phone number of each witnesses.
- Seek medical care following the accident either at the local hospital, urgent care, or a physician.
- Call Tran Law Group so that our Houston Pedestrian Accident Lawyers and staff can help with any and all insurance companies involved in the accident.
TRAN LAW GROUP CAN HELPWe at Tran Law know how traumatic accidents can be. Most accidents involving a pedestrian and a motor vehicle can result in many injuries such as:
- Broken bones (common areas are legs, arms, ribs, hips, shoulders)
- Brain injuries
- Spinal Injuries
- Loss of Limbs